Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It's Been Awhile!

So, it has been way too long since I last posted!! So much has happened during that time!! I have been so busy with school and other events and activities that I just haven't had time to sit down and type a new post! I really am hoping to post more, but I do need to get into a better routine first. Things are finally settling in around here. Classes are going well...I am just REALLY busy with assignments and essays and papers and tests are starting to happen. Sometimes it feels extremely overwhelming...but I know that the Lord has a plan for me in all of this. I have been able to learn how to better manage my time, learn how to say no (this is really hard for me), and learn how to take a break sometimes.

It has been about one month since move-in day and I honestly don't know where these past 4 weeks have gone. So many wonderful memories have been made and I have made so many great friends already. I made 23 pocket tees (yes...23!!) for my hall, 1 East over Labor Day weekend! Since then, I feel like all of the freshman girls, even others, have come to find out that there is a girl who monograms on campus, which they are all really excited about! While I haven't had many orders yet, the orders are starting to come in more frequently now...which means even better time management on my part. Taking 18 credit hours and making pocket tees on the side might just be too much, but school is my first priority. Sewing is a stress reliever for me though, so it is nice to make some pocket tees on the weekend. But there is only so much one girl can do!

(23 pockets later...)

 I also went through Recruitment and I got a bid from Phi Mu! Sooo excited about this ya'll!! The Lord really directed me there and I cannot wait to see his plan unfold! There are several Phi Mu's in Pharmacy School and they have already encouraged me and helped me out so much! What a blessing! I already feel such a connection with so many girls! I made my outfit for Bid Bash, I was Minnie Mouse! I wore a black shirt and black leggings and made a red and white polka-dotted skirt (which will also be perfect for gameday!) I made ears for me and another girl that I went with! I really loved how it turned out!
(Katie and I on the Phi Retreat!)
(Delaney, Margaret, and I also on the Phi Retreat!)
(Delaney and I as Mickey and Minnie Mouse for Bid Bash!)
(Family Weekend with my parents! It was soo good to see them!)
(Taylor and I on game day during Family Weekend!) 

I am working on the Etsy store some more, trying to fix a few problems. Pocket tees will be added soon (when that is, I don't know...my schedule is so crazy!) so be looking for those! In the meantime, message our Facebook page if you would like to place an order (especially if you go to Samford!)

No comments :

Post a Comment