Thursday, July 18, 2013

Three Things Thursday: College Packing Edition

So, with my move-in date being only 35 days away, I thought for this week's Three Things Thursday, I would feature some of the products that will be making a home in my cozy little dorm room. Can't believe it's this close already!! Just seems like yesterday I was entering high school.

1. Kate Spade Comforter
Found HERE from Bed, Bath, & Beyond
I was originally planning on making my own comforter for my dorm room, mainly because I couldn't find anything that I really loved....BUT then I found this one and I fell in love!! I love the flowers on one side and the polka dots on the other :) Instead of buying matching pillows, I decided to make my own based off of Sew Caroline's tutorial. (( I also made one more solid one not pictured ))



2. Ikea Lap desk 


Found HERE.
When looking for a lap desk, I was having a hard time finding one that didn't look super cheap or was way too expensive. This lap desk was only $9.99...too good of an offer to pass up on a lap desk that didn't look cheap and was super cute!! Don't you just love the polka dots?! I sure do!!

3. My Sewing Machine :)
I have a Husqvarna Viking Huskystar C10 found HERE.
Don't worry...I will be bringing my sewing machine with me to college!! I hope to have some spare time with my busy schedule (might I add includes 8 AM's every morning...it was by choice though) to get some sewing done and to begin working on some tutorials for the blog. Sewing is my therapy. When I am stressed or confused or sad or HAPPY...I sew :) I LOVE it and I hope that you do too (or that I inspire you to!). 

As a side-note...so sorry that it is late late Thursday night, but my roommate is in town and we have been sewing and crafting like crazy! Can't wait to share with ya'll what we have made!!! It is still Thursday...even if only for a few more minutes :)

No comments :

Post a Comment