Thursday, June 27, 2013

#ERC2013

From orientation in Birmingham, AL, to a mission trip in Maryville, TN, I have spent a lot of time in a car/bus already this summer. Despite the long hours, I wouldn't change it for the world.

On the mission trip at Eagle Rock Camp, ERC for short, God did some amazing things in my life and in the lives of everyone on the trip. The whole week was VERY busy and we were all running on little sleep, but everyone made the best of it and shared God's Word to those little children and special friends (adults with disabilities) on the mountain. I am just soo excited to share how God worked in my life throughout my senior year and while at ERC.

So rewind to the beginning of my senior year. I (somewhat reluctantly) decided to join yearbook as the photography editor. Now my school is pretty small so it wasn't a hard task. However, we had a really small staff so for each deadline we had more pages than usual. As we were brainstorming theme ideas, we had to come up with a few as a homework assignment. Without really giving it much thought, I came up with the theme "Salt and Light." The yearbook staff loved it and it became our theme for the book.

A couple of months later, my youth pastor did a series on Salt and Light. I got so excited because it was our yearbook theme, but I couldn't share it with anyone...we were all sworn to secrecy. As graduation was approaching, my class went on a senior trip to Seattle, WA. One of the speakers spoke about Salt and Light. At graduation, one of the speakers spoke about Salt and Light yet again. At this point, I knew God was wanting me to learn something specifically from the passage Matthew 5:13-16, I just didn't know what.

The week following graduation, I went to orientation at Samford. (( I am soo pumped about going to Samford guys! )) But, I did began feeling a little anxiety while registering for classes, asking myself questions like, "Is Pharmacy really where the Lord is directing me?" I began to think of the things I want in life such as a family of my own and trying to figure out (on my own) how all of that is going to work out while also having a career.

While at ERC, multiple times a day, Salt or Light would be brought up during my quiet time, songs, prayers, speakers, etc. It was all really exciting and somewhat overwhelming as I was seeking clarity. God began showing me though that Pharmacy IS where he wants me. As we were singing the song "Remedy", by David Crowder Band, I just felt the Lord confirming Pharmacy for me, as he is the ultimate remedy, but medicine is an earthly remedy. From there, He also began showing me that he wants me to use Pharmacy to minister to unreached people groups of the world. Within our family groups, we were each given a country with unreached people groups and the stats regarding the number of unreached people. It broke my heart to see the number of people that are unreached. Sometimes the only way to reach out to these people is to minister to their physical needs...where Pharmacy comes in for me.

I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me as I head of to Samford to pursue this calling. I encourage each of you to be Salt and Light to everyone that you come in contact with. Don't hide your faith, let others see what God is doing in your life. And SHARE it!


No comments :

Post a Comment