Monday, May 6, 2013

Getting to Know Me

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...I have been soo busy with school. My AP tests are this week and next week is my last week of high school! Where has the time gone?!?! Soon I will be posting some easy grad party gift ideas as that time of year has arrived! By the time summer comes, I plan to be posting on a more regular basis, with tutorials and other things that I have sewn recently or plan to sew. Can't wait to see what the Lord does through this blog!!

Anyways, I just wanted to share a little bit about who I am with ya'll. First things first, I have amazing parents and an awesome older brother, Mark, who now has a family of his own. My parents, after being married for 10 years adopted my brother. Then when my brother was about 6 years old, he began to pray for a little sister! When he was 9, my family got a call saying that there was a little girl who was 10 days old waiting to be adopted. Let me tell you...prayer is a POWERFUL thing!! They were told that the likelihood of adopting a second child was very low, but God had other things in store.

I am so blessed to have this wonderful family of mine and grateful that my brother had that childlike faith and prayed for me consistently for 3 years!! Many people don't even realize that Mark and I are adopted because we look alike :) God's plan for my family has been and continues to be truly amazing. Are any of ya'll adopted? What's your story? I would love to hear from ya'll :)
Here is a picture from my middle school days of my brother and I! It's bad when that is the best picture I could find of us :( I am sure that during graduation we will get plenty of new ones though!

No comments :

Post a Comment