Thursday, April 25, 2013

First.Blog.Post.Ever.

So this whole blogging thing is entirely new to me so bear with me. Anyways, I just wanted to share a little bit about the inspiration behind this blog. About 4 years ago, a family friend, Mrs. Chris, began teaching me how to sew. Without her, this blog probably wouldn't exist! We started with a hexagon quilt for my niece (I was soo done with sewing for about a year after I finished that quilt). I sewed most of the quilt by hand, which was challenging, but it turned out to be really rewarding in the end! Up until about 2 years ago, my sewing machine stayed in a box in the closet...now it is always out and ready to go :) Since I made that first quilt, I have made 2 other quilts and a bunch of other projects...from make-up pouches to coffee cozies and most recently, clothes! So, thank you Mrs. Chris for teaching me so much about sewing and about life. You are like an aunt/sister/friend to me and I am so thankful that God placed you in my life! You mean the world to me! Love you so very much!

No comments :

Post a Comment